Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rangers

Columbus and Whoeverthefuckthatotherteamis.

Yeah, sorry I don't speak of them, unless its an entire rant about how much I hate them. I am not Sidney Crosby, I cannot lie to you and tell you that I put last years loss behind me at the start of this season. Sidney is a stand up guy, therefore, hes fucking amazing with the media, and pretending hes being honest and is as cold as stone. Sorry Sid, you are just too smooth for me.

Anyways, Columbus, Ohio, my neighboring state, has just witnessed its first home playoff game. Sorry it was a loss, keep the hope alive, boys. I have faith in you. My hometown boy will pull us through, isn't that right, RJ? Yeah I know you will. I have this thing for underdogs, we all do here at this blog. It pulls on our heartstrings, which clouds our vision, and we temporarily think Rick Nash is the new sexiest man alive. Thank god that's a temporary feeling. We all love Columbus here, Rick Nash, RJ Umberger, Steve Mason, and Antoine Vermette steal the show for us. OK, so enough about my excessive love for the Blue Jackets. They come into last night's game, down the series 2-0. You would think the boys would step their game up, but they disappoint. (Welcome to my eternal optimist time. ) It's alright boys, you can make history. Just win the next four games and you got it. I believe in the Jackets, I just hope they believe too.

ThepeopleIdontspeakof, win tonight's game. If Columbus was on their A game, then they would be making a great run. It's alright boys, we still have this. Fuck you, other team, fuck you. Columbus comes back late in the third to score a power play goal. Good job RJ! Umberger scores, Nash and Williams assist, all is good. Then Detroit gets an empty netter I believe, and the game is over. But, like I said before, I am the eternal optimist for the Jackets. WE got this boys.

This man believes, a little small there buddy, but good try.

Now onto the Blues.

Due to the Pens game, I only caught the game from the half of the third on. So apparently four goals were scored. For the Canucks it was Wellwood and Burrows, for the blues it was Boyes and Perron. I'm not going to lie, in this series I was torn, just like with San Jose and Anaheim. I'm a Blues fan, Berglund and Oshie are the best combination ever. I just love the Canuck, they are a classy team, that has been through a lot in the past year.

Chris Mason was a fucking wall in the third, taking notes from Fleury, eh?

The camera man zooms in on Luongo doing stretches on the ice, making my mind go off on a sexually driven escapade. Then the words 'tender and gingerly' are spoken, ripping me from my fantasy. Sorry Blues, didn't mean to be a traitor, maybe if you put Berglund on the ice a little more, he'd be the one in my thoughts.

So overtime comes, and I'm all into the game. The Blues are bringing their A game, and Oshie is a monster. Hes skating beautifully, and is on a fucking mission. To bad he had trouble getting the puck to stay with him. It's OK Oshie, Lyssa still loves you.

Mason is a fucking wall again. Hes making so many damn saves I'm just praying he can hold on. Then, the blues get a four minute power play. This is our time, Blues fans, start cheering! Then, all of a sudden I get a IM from Jackie saying:

Totally getting my hopes up there. Literally two seconds later Oshie gets a huge chance, but can't complete it. As the four minute power play was a fail. Way to go boys, your on the verge of elimination, must I remind you again?! Theres fucking 19 seconds left, as Burrows gets the puck. I'm praying Mason can hold him off, taking it that his defense is no where in sight. Burrows scores. Way to get your asses swept boys. But they are troopers and salute their fans. They are one classy team those Blues. If any one had to score, I'm glad it was Burrows. I love him, his first goal of the season that he celebrated the way Luc Bourdon did, always makes me cry. That was one of the saddest/cutest things I've seen in my life. I love Burrows.

Canucks win it. Blues get swept. My heart breaks slightly.

We'll get them next year boys. Keep your heads up.

Last nights games were decent, all I watched was the Rangers and Caps. Sorry this is short, but I have the Pens game in two hours. I need to get to my pregame ritual, aka swooning over the pregame on FSN.

Once again, my boy Avery is getting molested. Dear Washington, not matter how much you touch him, doesn't mean hes going to crawl in you bed tonight. Good try. Varly is making decent saves, and then three seconds later giving up goals. Rangers score, no one knows who to give it to. They changed that scorer three times. Sorry Naslund and Dubi, it's going to Mara.

Period two comes around, and I'm feeling pretty optimistic that the boys in blue are going to pull this one out. Lundqvist starts making highlight reel saves, causing the crowd to chant “Henry”. I must say, King Henrik was on his game tonight. I'm too concerned with that beautiful goalie to realize that Drury just scored an amazing goal. Nice job, Captain.

Rangers defense is killing it tonight. Good job Marc, keep playing like this and you might just become the second favorite Staal, behind Jordan of course. King Henrik is closing the door left and right, sorry Semin, not this time. Way to protect your throne, Henrik.

Ovechkin scores. Hello defense, where are you? It's OK, we don't care, we still have this. That's the only goal Ovie will get this series.

Sean Avery is back to his old ways, which is the Avery I adore. Avery takes a hit on Jurcina. “Ohh fuck he's bleeding” my thoughts exactly. I was convinced it'd be a four minute, but no, just two. The crowd starts chanting “Avery”, now those are my type of fans.

I love him.

Henrik continues to dominate, Callahan misses and open net, buzzer sounds. Rangers win it 2-1. All is good.

Series is Rangers 3 – Washington 1.

Now onto something fun...

We decided to try something new. While watching the Blues game we noticed a name that stuck out. Carlo Colaiacovo. That last name is seriously one of the best. We're not saying it is the best, but its up there. We want your opinion on this. Let us know who is your top five favorite last names in the league. If the last name you like is in the AHL or OHL we might consider it. Send us a message at thethirdmanin@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment